Of course, you must have heard about Gmail. In times like these, not one soul stays untouched by the expansive arms of terms like “internet” “Facebook” “Gmail”. It has taken over the world with a frenzy. The walls of isolation have not brought down but also blitzed to nonexistence, even surpassing to the extent of pervasiveness. But like Spider-Man said, “with great power comes great responsibility.” And some of the inventors have seized the opportunity to give us platforms which expose us to the endless horizon of flexibility and communication. Let us give you some facts about Gmail.
One of the major used connectivity platforms is Gmail. It is advertising, email service developed and designed by Google. If you have an account on Gmail, it gives you the privileges to send and receive emails, containing information that you want to share with your contacts. Gmail has been seen as a major success in the professional sector. Mails are being exchanged at a shameful number, and mind you! By that I mean it crosses the count a normal person can think of.
Any user, just like you can access Gmail through their computers, laptops, mobile. There even an app for it, working smoothly for Android, iOS and through third party programs which synchronise the content of the mail through IMAP and POP protocols.
Some of the appealing features of Gmail includes
- It filters the emails, chucking aside the spam emails which eventually goes into spam folder in your Gmail account.
- It is integrated with Google Hangouts.
- It has an obscene amount of space for you to keep your emails intact.
- Of course, The free POP and IMAP
- The feature of “Search” which lets you sort through the mail and find the one you are looking for.
- The fancy Gmail Labs
- Last but obviously not the least, Offline Access to all your emails and data.
- And to top that, it is a one hundred percent totally FREE. Woah, seems like a good deal, right?
So, this was all you need to know about Gmail for starters. Now that you have opened a Gmail account, I reckon you are already aware of the procedure required to sign up for it, after choosing a username and password. So, if by any chance you forget your password, don’t worry, read through this article and quickly solve this seemingly “taxing” situation. The article starts with “Gmail forget password.” There are few steps, which you are required to follow, they are as easy as 1 2 3.
Gmail password change
If you want to reset your previously set password or recover it, start with the following:
- You are required to have a secondary or alternate email address that is linked to your specified Gmail account or have not logged into your account for five days.
- On the page, through which you log in you might see, “forgot password”, you are required to click that in order to Gmail forgot password reset. Please click on Forgot password?
- There is a probability that you might be prompted to type your full Gmail email address again. Write your email address on the Account page.
- Then Click Next.
After this, Gmail support care will ask you some questions to make sure that you are the owner of the account. For intact security, answer these as well as you can. You have the liberty to answer the question presented to you or opt for a new question, Click on “Try a different question”. Don’t worry this option comes in handy even when you don’t have access to the resource such as an alternate email address, phone number, or, any other address.
This leads to the next segment of the article on Gmail forgot password recovery, which what questions will Google ask in order to verify the Gmail Account. We have got your back here as well! The questions may roll on with any particular kind of the mentioned nature.
- A Previous password that is if you have changed your Gmail password by any chance and can only recall the older one or any password, you can type it.
- They will perform a Verification using a code which is called a 2-step authentication. If you have enabled it for your Gmail account previously.
- Please enter your phone number, if you are asked to as it will aid the process of Gmail forgot password verification code. This will help in setting up the recovery process through a phone number.
- You can get an SMS text message from Google, depending upon the verification procedure set up for 2-step authentication by you. It is generated from Google Authenticator.
- You can also try an alternate or secondary email address for Gmail forgot password recovery.
- Now you may also be given the option to enter any email address to receive a verification code, which is being used by you.
- You will be required to follow the link which you will receive a message from Google sent to your email address to reset the password of the Google Account.
- Gmail forgot password recovery through a security question.
- Please enter your answer to the respective recovery question. This question is chosen by you, so it is probable that you remember the answer. The question gets added to your account while you make the account.
- But, if you used your Gmail account in the last 5 days and not specified a secondary email address, you will have to wait for the 5 days before you can recover your account (sorry).
- All these steps ensure that you are the user of the account that you are trying to recover, after this, Gmail will lead you to your account.
Hello there! Dear reader, we have come to the end of the article, unfortunately. We sincerely hope that all your queries and questions have been resolved. If you still have any doubt please free to contact us, we will be at your aid. The information present to you is written after research and suggests some of the best ways to tackle this bit of a situation. Have a great day!