Gmail is a free email service provided by Google. Users can get access to Gmail via a web browser or a third party application developed by Google. If you want to browse Gmail on your web browser, then just type ‘www.gmail.com’ in the URL bar and click Enter. The site will open. For applications, you can simply download them from app stores. You can download and use Gmail for free. We have mentioned below how you can gmail login from your browser.
How to sign up for Gmail
Gmail will ask you to fill some details for signing up. Initially, you have to follow the steps of signing in and keep filling every box in the process. The process can be completed quickly following these measures. As there are steps involved in this process, let us discuss each step briefly:
- Name: Insert your first name and last name in the empty boxes.
- Choose your username: There are some conditions for selecting a username. Your username should be unique. You can either use alphabets, numbers or full stops in your username.
- Create a password: The next option will ask you to choose a password. A password can be anything. However, Gmail asks users to choose a password which should be unique and hard to figure out. Gmail will ask you to have a password with at least eight characters. Type your password.
- Confirm your password: Type your password once again and confirm it.
- Birthday: Type day and year on which you were born. Choose the appropriate month from the drop down menu.
- Gender: Choose your gender from the options which will appear once you browse the drop down menu.
- Mobile Phone: Insert your mobile number in the empty box. It will be necessary for confirming your account. It is also useful for security purpose.
- Your current email address: Type your current email address, if there is any. This option will be helpful for resetting your password if you incidentally forget it.
- Location: Choose the country where you reside from the drop down menu.
A new window will appear with information regarding terms and conditions of Gmail. You have to read it through. The information explains the reasons why Gmail asks for information in the first step. Reading it is necessary for future purpose as well. You can understand how Gmail secures your account. After reading it, click on Agree option.
Congrats, you have created a Gmail account.
After creating a Gmail account, a window will appear with Gmail will welcome you. Click on continue option. It will take you to your account settings. You can edit your personal information in settings. Also, you can set preferences for your account. The settings avail users a chance to choose their preferred language as well. Assign a display picture. Customize all the options as per your desire.
You can use the security measures provided by Gmail for securing your account. After editing the information, click on the Gmail icon. It will be located at the top. After clicking on it, you will be directed to your inbox. Gmail sends one email to every user welcoming them. You can send and receive emails now.
However, the set-up process is not over yet. You can sync contacts from your old account as well. Also, there is an option for choosing a theme. A new window will appear consisting of various themes. Choose any one of them. Take your time to complete the set-up process.
Gmail Login – How to sign in to Gmail
Signing in to your Gmail account is relatively much easier and less time consuming compared to the sign-up process. You can sign in to your Gmail account following these steps:
Signing in using browser
- Browse Gmail on your browser.
- Press the sign in option. It is usually located at the top right corner of the homepage.
- A window will appear with two empty boxes. Type your username and password in those boxes. After carefully typing the required information, click on sign in.
Signing in using Gmail app
- Download Gmail application from App store.
- Open the app on your device.
- A window will appear which will ask you to fill in your username and password.
- Fill the information carefully and click on the sign in option.
What to do if you forgot your password or username?
Gmail provides unique features for users who accidentally forget their username or password. On the sign in page, a ‘Forgot your password?’ option is located right the empty box where you are supposed to type your password.
If you click on ‘Forgot your password’ option, a new window will appear asking your phone number or alternative email address. Insert it, and Gmail will send you a link for resetting your password. You can use the same process for knowing your username details.
A link will be sent to your phone or email account (depends on your choice). Click on the link. The link will open in your browser. Select a new password and change it. Your username will be written in the mail. You can follow this process for easily getting back your account anytime. Also, it is always recommended to insert your mobile number and alternative email account for security purpose.
What we learned
Anyone can sign up and sign in to Gmail. You can create unlimited accounts on Google. You don’t need to be a technical genius for creating an account on Gmail. Follow these steps and avail all the features offered by Gmail.